Friday, March 25, 2011

Thanks Immigration

Today I went to the immigration office about an hour away from my school to apply for my alien ID card and was almost turned away.  Luckily, I had left the paperwork from my adoption at the office so they were able to fax some of the documents needed to prove my naturalization and name change.  Despite this, they still require that I complete some additional paperwork officially renouncing my Korean citizenship... which I don't think I have... but yeah... it's kinda bizarre.

Hopefully my ID arrives in the 10 days or so the internet tells me it will take to process so I can open a bank account and get a cellphone... I'm kinda debating what kind of phone I want, a smart or normal phone.  We shall see.  What is complicating it is that I want to get an iPod which has some redundant capabilities with smart phones.

Let's see... what else... the T-Money card we use to pay for public transportation is extraordinarily useful.  Besides the shops in the subways (lotion stores, clothing, convenience stores, shoes, music, food, etc.) there are some other institutions that accept it, notably: cabs and McDonald's.

I'm sleepy... this time because I was only able to sleep for about 2 hours last night.  I'm surprised I haven't passed out yet.  I would say I'm about to go to sleep but I have no idea.

P.S. I was invited to someone's birthday tomorrow... I guess it's kinda far away so I'm not 100% on whether I'll go.  Maybe I'll just stop by to say hello.

2 comments:

  1. Can you PLEASE get a REALLY cute girly phone? PLEASEEEEEEEEEE? They're so cute and you'll totally attract chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so reminded me of two things I wanted to post...

    1. I saw a Hello Kitty store in a subway station.

    2. On a bus I passed a Vietnamese restaurant named "Good Morning Vietnam" which I found pretty humorous.

    ReplyDelete