Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Midnight Steamed Pork... well... 12:30am.

So yeah... I have some awesome/strange/bizarre/amazing roommates.  We just destroyed a plate of steamed pork that a couple of them decided we needed.  Tasty stuff.  Oh and it seems the romanization of its Korean name is Bossam (보쌈), steam pork wrapped in lettuce or sesame leaves (thanks Wikipedia).

A couple extra notes before I tend to my teeth and go to sleep.  Next week I start my Korean lessons... I haven't met my teacher yet but I've already been assigned some homework, I'll have to memorize Hangul.

Hangul is organized pretty logically... each character (for example: 댱, and no I don't know if that says anything so if it's offensive, my bad) is actually a cluster of characters, in this case three (ㄷ ㅑ and ㅇ).  The pronunciation is left to right and then top to bottom.  Each cluster forms a single syllable, so words in Hangul make it pretty obvious how many syllables are in the word.  And I discovered how to type in Hangul on my Mac so I'm pretty happy about that.

So what else has happened... my health check has come back.  I'm normal in the various things they tested.  I told my Korean coworker who translated it for me that it was the first time in awhile anyone has called me normal.

Night.

2 comments:

  1. haha, you are your own type of normal. :) Im happy you tend to your teeth still! Take good care of them, you will need them when you are old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Ashley above wrote.. you are your own type of normal.. everyone is really their own type of normal! :) I am still upset that Skype isn't doing a good job with the Hangul lettering.. I'm going to check that out, maybe I need to update my Skype!

    ReplyDelete