Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Keyk!

Seriously though I saw some Cup Keyks in a grocery store today... and a skin whitening (lighter skin is considered more beautiful) called Magical Placenta. I'll post a picture of some Magical Placenta soap later.

The day's been rather long. From waking up after a very long day at a local beach (8am-4pm), recovering from a light sunburn (others have it worse, go resistant skin!), and randomly running into an America-themed restaurant for dinner. You never know how much you miss having knives and napkins until you've lived for over a week without having either. it was amazing to see the group's reaction to having such amenities as hamburgers, pizza, pasta and other pieces of Americana available to them until you find yourself at an America-theme location for food consumption. All this had come after birthday keyk and ice cream (no ice cream flavor that was too weird... unlike the earlier Peanut and Keso aka Cheese... they were 2 different ones) disguised as a meeting that our professor wanted to hold.

The Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute has been great. Amazing people, some of whom I've successfully found on Facebook, and some of whom who have found me. Met a pair of Korean guys who have ambitious plans to start a peacebuilding institute in Northeast Asia (Northeast Asia Peacebuilding Institute or NARPI) and apparently thought I was kind enough or offered enough to join a meeting with members of MPI's leadership on the subject. One of them even asked me to apply to work through his organization teaching English and Peacebuilding in Korea which would be an amazing opportunity and give me the chance to build on it in the future given the gap in conflict resolution work in the area of Asia (the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, where I study, apparently only has 1 East Asia guy and he's new).

My class here at MPI, Religion: Peacebuilding in a Multicultural Society was great. They even thought highly enough of me to allow me to speak on behalf the class to give my impressions of the course so it would seem I left a good impression on people.

I'm sleepy... good night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment